Saturday, February 7, 2009

Punung-punu na ang pantog ko!

It was like my worst day as a commuter! All the transportation inconveniences in one day! Especially during the only time that my urinary bladder is really really really full!

So I was going back to Manila after I spent the last weekend before the second semester officially starts. My uncle’s going to Lucena so I decided to go with him and catch a bus in Lucena rather than in Sta. Cruz (although it’s more expensive). At least I got a free ride! And besides the road along the Sta. Cruz route is under construction=hassle.

Too bad I didn’t eat lunch before I left so I had to eat at the Grand Terminal. I even bought junk food and soda before I boarded the bus. It was going to be a long ride. A local Rudy Fernandez movie was on the screen. I remember buying some stuff sold by the vendors who go inside the jeepneys.

During the trip, a woman sat beside me. Later she rose up and started preaching at the front of the bus. WOW. Just WOW. She talked about God and the people who are not yet believing in Him. And more about salvation and how we should be doing good deeds to others. Whatever. And then came the small white envelopes. I pretended to be asleep. Good thing. She missed me. Haha. Then she left. What do you think of these modus operandis? Are they real or not?

The trip seemed to take too long, there’s traffic. It stopped at a checkpoint before the SLEX for a routine inspection by some soldiers. And then it hit me; the feeling of a full bladder. In most cases I can control it. But for this instance I thought that I can’t hold it for long. So I was really eager to reach Cubao and go home and pee. But we haven’t even had our first stop yet!

So I waited and waited. This was so hard because there is traffic and I really really need o pee. If I could just go out and pee somewhere, I would have done that. But that would be a loss for me because I paid for the fare until Cubao.

And then a problem. We were stopped by the MMDA at Buendia. I don’t know why but that had f***ing delayed the trip more. And it made me really agitated. But I was keeping my cool. Thankfully we were let go and we continued on the trip. But then when we reached Megamall, we were stopped again by the MMDA. Obviously for the same reason. I think it was because the f***ing driver did not drive at the right lane. He wouldn’t f***ing stay in the yellow lane. And he’s complaining why does the MMDA always stop the bus. It’s because you don’t follow the f***ing rules! A**hole! You’re the reason why it causes us, the commuters inconvenience!

I couldn’t take it anymore (the delay and my exploding bladder) so I went out of the bus and looked for the nearest restroom. All I know is the Megamall so I headed there. Even walking was hard for me because of my bladder. I had to walk really fast. I passed by the MRT but proceeded because they might not have a restroom for pedestrians. I headed directly to the mall in agony. I asked the guard where the restrooms are and he pointed to the right. I asked another and she told me that it was at the lower groundfloor. Oh Great! So I went there and squirted all the liquid inside my bladder.

While doing that, I was feeling kinda tired.  It’s like my whole body is losing its energy as I was peeing. I had to control the process because the liquid is coming out a t a very fast rate. It’s like a peed a gallon of urine. It’s like I was drained, literally and figuratively. I had to find a place to sit. I found the Foodcourt and rested for a few minutes. Good thing I was able to regain my strength. I had to go home. I was thinking if I’m going to ride the MRT or bus to Philcoa. I saw the MRT train and it was full of passengers. It’s around 4pm at that time; the rush hour is just starting. I decide to ride the bus instead. I had a good place in the bus. But it was an ordinary-fare bus so it was hot. There were many passengers and one has been saying that he will disembark at GMA. But the conductor was not hearing him. Only then when the bus had gone beyond GMA that the bus stopped, the passenger murmuring his grumble. The conductor explained that we should say “para” way before we reach the place, so that there is allowance for the bus to stop. Well, he’s right. And I think that if you want to stop at your destination, please signal the conductor or driver by speaking loud enough for them to hear.

I get irritated when people say “para” with a very soft voice that the driver could barely hear and expect that he heard it. Please people, say your “para” loud enough!

Well, I got home safe and sound anyway, but very tired. 

No comments: